HORRIFIC experience with movers hired through this site - Kauffman's Moving Services out of Wilmington.They were an hour late the first day - 3 hours into moving, head mover realized he had an infection on his leg and started feeling nauseous and was barely moving.
He left the job early (we didn't want him there -he was useless & it looked like he had staff, which is contagious), had no back-up for us, which in turn, caused delay with our walk-through and move-out. They left about 4 hrs after they started with *most* things in the garage and the truck about 2/3 full. They arrived 2 hours late the next morn with additional helper. Head guy was packing the truck and the other two were loading things.
They tried to charge us for the 3rd guy!!! They said they had no more room for our 2 HDTVs (which we had reminded them about 4 times). When we insisted, they tossed the TVs toward the top of all of our boxes, where they were leaning (I have pics). We also had to donate a truckload of things that they "couldn't fit".
When we got our truck, all furn but 3 dressers were damaged. The TVs were scratched and space was HIGHLY underutilized-statements avail from 2 Men & Truck movers. I had to actually sign an additional document stating that 2 Men and a Truck Movers were not liable for damage that was caused before they unloaded the truck. In filing a complaint with the site, conversations went back and forth with Mike Kauffman blaming the freight company for the damage to our things.
He would not take any responsibility. After the final complaint was filed, the poor review and complaint mysteriously disappeared from their site.
I KNEW there was no way Mike Kauffman was able to get that many good reviews with the kind of service we received.Simply AWFUL!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Moving Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "On June 5, 2012, Joseph Hoskins from United Transport provided me with a Binding Moving Estimate of $3904.80 for a Full Service Relocation. On June 6, I completed a..."
- "The movers I selected to move my items into a storage unit, ended up breaking my dresser (about a year old) which had no previous damage. The movers didn't..."
- "If you are hoping to shell out several thousand dollars to have someone ransack all your belongings, steal what they think is valuable, and damage the rest, then Sammy Services..."
- "One 11-10-16 Walgreens Hockessin DE filled a 30 dose script for Celecoxib. Brand name Celebrex for $438.59. $ 7.30 each. No insurance, cash transaction. Thinking the price unusually high I price..."
- "As an employee who works there currently, this does not surprise me at all. The amount of product that walks out that door without being paid for is astounding. I..."
- "Don't know where to start. I've been waiting for black friday to buy couple of new video games for PS4. And apperantely walmart had quite good deals. And as soon..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "I went on to order 2 pieces of pet fillable jewelry for my 2 kids. 1 boy 1 girl. I ordered this keychain for my son it was on sale..."
- "I have no idea who these *** crazy psycho chics were. I am not from the area. I was in town for the night and went here to eat. These..."