Moving Help Moving Service Review from Los Angeles, California

11 of 69 Moving Help reviews

The movers I selected to move my items into a storage unit, ended up breaking my dresser (about a year old) which had no previous damage. The movers didn't even tell me they damaged it at the time. I didn't notice there was any damage until my items were being moved out of storage and the moving company showed me where they lifted it up and the leg fell off.

I contacted Moving Help and opened a dispute online. All communication disputes are via messaging and between the contracted movers.

The movers essentially tried to evade responsibility until I told them I have photos and that the damage to the dresser indicates the dresser was dropped because of the bent screws and being pushed through a portion of the leg.

They have went days without responding AND MovingHelp does not allow an option to edit the review. I ignorantly/hastily gave my review before having my items removed since I got a couple of reminder emails from Moving Help to submit a review for the $5.95 refund.

Not being able to edit a review means that other consumers like myself assume the review is holistic and accurate, but the fact that most people don't fully unpack right away, or in my case had items in storage and had no way of knowing until the furniture was unloaded causes me as the consumer to lose and the company to gain profit from deceptive business practices.

The pictures below were taken by the unloading movers (different moving company), when my items were being unloaded. They said they went to lift the dresser and the leg fell off.

I'm disappointed that UHaul has partnered with a company like Moving Help that disclosed to me in a conversation that the movers they contract don't have to be insured. The unfortunate part for me is that Three Kings says they don't have money and because of the extent of the damage being ripped from the dresser, the dresser may not be repairable. Now my dresser rocks on one side and the bottom part of the bottom drawer is broken. Terrible terrible terrible. Looks like court is my only remedy. All of the companies (Moving Help and Uhaul) should be held accountable for profiting off of deceptive/unethical practices. Moving Help said there only involvement is reviewing these contractors for remaining part of their network if they don't respond in two weeks. I'm just baffled.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Moving Help Unethical Business Practices Cost Consumee
Review category
Transportation and Storage
review #903038 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Moving Help? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
11 of 69 Moving Help reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.