Moving Help Moving Service Review from Los Angeles, California
The movers I selected to move my items into a storage unit, ended up breaking my dresser (about a year old) which had no previous damage. The movers didn't even tell me they damaged it at the time. I didn't notice there was any damage until my items were being moved out of storage and the moving company showed me where they lifted it up and the leg fell off.
I contacted Moving Help and opened a dispute online. All communication disputes are via messaging and between the contracted movers.
The movers essentially tried to evade responsibility until I told them I have photos and that the damage to the dresser indicates the dresser was dropped because of the bent screws and being pushed through a portion of the leg.
They have went days without responding AND MovingHelp does not allow an option to edit the review. I ignorantly/hastily gave my review before having my items removed since I got a couple of reminder emails from Moving Help to submit a review for the $5.95 refund.
Not being able to edit a review means that other consumers like myself assume the review is holistic and accurate, but the fact that most people don't fully unpack right away, or in my case had items in storage and had no way of knowing until the furniture was unloaded causes me as the consumer to lose and the company to gain profit from deceptive business practices.
The pictures below were taken by the unloading movers (different moving company), when my items were being unloaded. They said they went to lift the dresser and the leg fell off.
I'm disappointed that UHaul has partnered with a company like Moving Help that disclosed to me in a conversation that the movers they contract don't have to be insured. The unfortunate part for me is that Three Kings says they don't have money and because of the extent of the damage being ripped from the dresser, the dresser may not be repairable. Now my dresser rocks on one side and the bottom part of the bottom drawer is broken. Terrible terrible terrible. Looks like court is my only remedy. All of the companies (Moving Help and Uhaul) should be held accountable for profiting off of deceptive/unethical practices. Moving Help said there only involvement is reviewing these contractors for remaining part of their network if they don't respond in two weeks. I'm just baffled.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "i would not even know where to start, 1 day delay, left refrigerator behind and other boxes, then being enlightened that it was our fault that we did not look..."
- "Their phone number and email .firstname.lastname@example.org (270) 303-2381. These guys are total scammers. Please save your time and money. I used Movinghelp.com to book these guys . After booking service for 11/25/2015 from Uhaul.com..."
- "My experience with California Moving Systems, 3801 Happy Lane, Sacramento, CA 95827 has been a nightmare. This companies actions, practices, and personnel could best be described as negligent, reckless, with..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "Two Bad Experiences Are More Than Enough At Two Different Fatburgers! Can You Believe It! This afternoon being Thursday, July 23, 2015 at approximately 12:50 P.M., I went into the..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "I wrote this review back on Saturday, December 12th, 2015 and a lot of what I am going to say is a repeat, but there will be some updates as..."