The movers I selected to move my items into a storage unit, ended up breaking my dresser (about a year old) which had no previous damage. The movers didn't even tell me they damaged it at the time. I didn't notice there was any damage until my items were being moved out of storage and the moving company showed me where they lifted it up and the leg fell off.
I contacted Moving Help and opened a dispute online. All communication disputes are via messaging and between the contracted movers.
The movers essentially tried to evade responsibility until I told them I have photos and that the damage to the dresser indicates the dresser was dropped because of the bent screws and being pushed through a portion of the leg.
They have went days without responding AND MovingHelp does not allow an option to edit the review. I ignorantly/hastily gave my review before having my items removed since I got a couple of reminder emails from Moving Help to submit a review for the $5.95 refund.
Not being able to edit a review means that other consumers like myself assume the review is holistic and accurate, but the fact that most people don't fully unpack right away, or in my case had items in storage and had no way of knowing until the furniture was unloaded causes me as the consumer to lose and the company to gain profit from deceptive business practices.
The pictures below were taken by the unloading movers (different moving company), when my items were being unloaded. They said they went to lift the dresser and the leg fell off.
I'm disappointed that UHaul has partnered with a company like Moving Help that disclosed to me in a conversation that the movers they contract don't have to be insured. The unfortunate part for me is that Three Kings says they don't have money and because of the extent of the damage being ripped from the dresser, the dresser may not be repairable. Now my dresser rocks on one side and the bottom part of the bottom drawer is broken. Terrible terrible terrible. Looks like court is my only remedy. All of the companies (Moving Help and Uhaul) should be held accountable for profiting off of deceptive/unethical practices. Moving Help said there only involvement is reviewing these contractors for remaining part of their network if they don't respond in two weeks. I'm just baffled.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
You May Also Like
- "i would not even know where to start, 1 day delay, left refrigerator behind and other boxes, then being enlightened that it was our fault that we did not look..."
- "And about the stevie award check my google plus. Veronica a. Meza. Youll see a bunch of comments in my post and photos. The reposting i..."
- "After paying for two year, on hwy n 98 Lakeland fl.come today on a Saturday my wife and I pay our late fee because every time we called to make..."
- "I been a recent victim of credit card fraud for the following charges on the following dates: GOLD CARD FRAUD 23005: APRIL 29TH, 2016: $20,000.00 CASE NUMBER: QA62458 APRIL 24TH,..."
- "I purchased the dress thinking it was on sale, FIRST MISTAKE, it's always the same price. Nov 2011I didn't realize they ship from China and if it doesn't fit (which..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."