Moving Help Moving Service Review from Los Angeles, California
The movers I selected to move my items into a storage unit, ended up breaking my dresser (about a year old) which had no previous damage. The movers didn't even tell me they damaged it at the time. I didn't notice there was any damage until my items were being moved out of storage and the moving company showed me where they lifted it up and the leg fell off.
I contacted Moving Help and opened a dispute online. All communication disputes are via messaging and between the contracted movers.
The movers essentially tried to evade responsibility until I told them I have photos and that the damage to the dresser indicates the dresser was dropped because of the bent screws and being pushed through a portion of the leg.
They have went days without responding AND MovingHelp does not allow an option to edit the review. I ignorantly/hastily gave my review before having my items removed since I got a couple of reminder emails from Moving Help to submit a review for the $5.95 refund.
Not being able to edit a review means that other consumers like myself assume the review is holistic and accurate, but the fact that most people don't fully unpack right away, or in my case had items in storage and had no way of knowing until the furniture was unloaded causes me as the consumer to lose and the company to gain profit from deceptive business practices.
The pictures below were taken by the unloading movers (different moving company), when my items were being unloaded. They said they went to lift the dresser and the leg fell off.
I'm disappointed that UHaul has partnered with a company like Moving Help that disclosed to me in a conversation that the movers they contract don't have to be insured. The unfortunate part for me is that Three Kings says they don't have money and because of the extent of the damage being ripped from the dresser, the dresser may not be repairable. Now my dresser rocks on one side and the bottom part of the bottom drawer is broken. Terrible terrible terrible. Looks like court is my only remedy. All of the companies (Moving Help and Uhaul) should be held accountable for profiting off of deceptive/unethical practices. Moving Help said there only involvement is reviewing these contractors for remaining part of their network if they don't respond in two weeks. I'm just baffled.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
You May Also Like
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "BEWARE OF BEKINS VAN LINES I hired Bekins for a move from CA to WA, During the transport of my shipment, at least 50% of my items were damaged severely, lost..."
- "I used this site to hire a man named R. B. we will call him in Cape Coral Florida for loading help. All of my items were damaged. I mean..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "Well well. My shaadi id is SH42277392 and Everyone needs to read what happened to me. Joined this *** website shaadi.com hoping to find a wife. Submitted a photo id..."
- "I have always had suspicions of Thumbtack creating fake leads to take our money, known that other pros submit them to get competitors pricing and thought it possible some were..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."