Featured Not resolved

We hired moving help through U-Haul on Spartanburg Highway in Hendersonville, NC. Never, ever again!

They arrived one hour late with no explanation or apology. They worked at a snail’s pace. What should have taken less than four hours took seven.

I have a standing jewelry armoire on a stand. They took it apart and wrapped each piece separately instead of wrapping it together.

Then they did not keep the actual armoire upright. When I opened it I found the bars on the armoire broken and the jewelry a tangled mess. It took me weeks to slowly untangle my delicate gold chains. Some were so tangled that they will never be straight again.

When I called to let them know I was told it was my fault for having too much in the case! If it has been moved upright there would not have been a problem.

I put a formal complaint online asking for minimal compensation since I had to buy a new armoire.

No response. I would say their customer service is a joke, but I’m not laughing.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Damage and slow work.

Comments

Who leaves jewelry hanging on the rack when moving it ? Even if you had a legitimate damage claim, an e-mail isn't going to handle it.

Very lame response. The worst. It is imperative that you issue a formal written complaint clearly outlining the alleged damage and omitting you emotional state.

Serve via Certified Mail return receipt requested. Likely it is too late now because you failed to legally document a timeline of grief.